From January 1, 2021 the government will charge 25 euros ($30) per tonne of carbon dioxide emissions released by the transport and heating sectors.
The pricetag was raised from the government’s initially proposed 10 euros per tonne — a number widely slammed as too low by Germany’s Green party, environmentalists and scientists.
The price will increase to 55 euros by 2025, and will be decided at auction from 2026.
Germans will feel the difference at the pump with diesel and petrol set to become more expensive, while heating buildings will also cost more.
The government expects to raise 56.2 billion euros from companies buying the new carbon certificates or “pollution rights” over the next four years.
Germany aims to cut its greenhouse gas emissions by 55 percent from 1990 levels by 2030, and derive 65 percent of its electricity from renewables by then.
An excerpt from https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20201231-germany-rings-in-2021-with-co2-tax-coal-phase-out
- 20.12.28 (Mon.)
- BlackRock’s list of climate commitments just got longer — Quartz
- Mitsubishi Heavy to build biggest zero-carbon steel plant – Nikkei Asia
- Is Hydropower Good For Environment Food For Thought – BW Businessworld
- 20.12.29 (Tue.)
- Advanced Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) | Department of Energy
- Is nuclear fusion the answer to the climate crisis? | Environment | The Guardian
- 火力発電からCO2半減 アンモニア活用技術 IHI 排出削減で期待 | 環境 | NHKニュース
- 伊藤忠など、ロシアからアンモニアを輸入するバリューチェーン構築へ | ニュース | 環境ビジネスオンライン
- 20.12.30 (Wen.)
- Should the price of meat reflect its impact on the environment? | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan’s News Source
- 脱炭素目指す三菱重、資金調達ではＳＤＧｓ債の積極活用を検討（Bloomberg） – Yahoo!ニュース
- 20.12.31 (Thu.)
- Provis’ initiative helps cut CO2 emissions, double utility savings
- ‘Dutch government has to say what the energy transition will cost’ – Innovation Origins
- ＥＵと中国、投資協定で合意 経済関係均衡化に期待 – ロイターニュース – 国際：朝日新聞デジタル
- 日韓、ベトナムの石炭火力発電に出資へ 国内の脱炭素宣言よそに 写真1枚 国際ニュース：AFPBB News
- 21.01.01 (Fri.)
- New York regulators set central cost of carbon dioxide emissions at $125/mt | S&P Global Platts
- Germany rings in 2021 with CO2 tax, coal phase-out – France 24
- 10 steamy signs in 2020 that climate change is speeding up | Live Science
- 21.01.02 (Sat.)
- New law should help advance carbon capture, utilization
- Global environmental developments in December 2020
- エネルギー貯蔵システム開発のFluenceのバリュエーションが1030億円以上に | TechCrunch Japan
- 21.01.03 (Sun)
- Carbon capture gets a boost in federal spending package
- Green boost for regions to cut industry carbon emissions – GOV.UK
- 大気中のCO2回収、神戸大の膜技術で 温暖化ガスゼロへ：日本経済新聞