- Despite a 4-year low output from OPEC countries, oil prices fell due to growing US production that led to the highest stockpile level since 2017.
- Spain’s pro-climate socialist won the election with 123 seats out of the 350-seat Congress.
- Korea’s Environment Ministry issues report on its ETS results for Phase 1(’15~’17)
- British Steel is rescued with a government loan of $156m to comply with emission rules.
- California Lieutenant Governor joined China’s Belt and Road Forum and showed support for the country’s effort in addressing climate change.
- In an open letter, six members of the European Parliament urged Californian authorities to drop the discussion of including forest credits in its emission trading program.
Home Daily Briefing ACCEB Daily Briefing – May 2nd